Over at Marc and Angel Hack Life I found this article; 10 Ways to Save 10 Minutes Daily.
They give you 10 non-complicated ways to save 10 minutes or more a day.
These are not complicated procedures. They are very simple, straightforward suggestions. Sometimes our days are so crammed with things to do that 10 minutes represents the difference between sanity and insanity.
1. Plan Ahead and Start early – 10 minutes of dedicated time planning in the evening will save you valuable time in the morning.
2. Handle All 2 minute Tasks Immediately – If you roughly estimate a task will take you less than 2 minutes to accomplish, do it right now.
3. Group Smaller Tasks Back to Back – Group similar tasks together in an effort to minimize the amount of wasted time between task orders.
4. Eliminate All Distractions For a Set Time – Cutting out all distractions(email, cell phone, co-workers) for a set time is one of the most effective ways to get things done in less time.
5. Take Notes and Make Lists – Write down those things you need to do, or you will end up wasting more time trying to remember things that would have taken seconds to write down.
6. Standardize Common Responsibilities – If you find yourself performing the same set of tasks on a regular basis then it makes sense to establish an efficient, standardized way of accomplishing them.
7. Buy in Bulk, Cook in Bulk – Buying stuff and cooking food are two of the most common unplanned consumptions of time. The most efficient way to counteract this is by doing bulk loads of both.
8. Use Productive Shortcuts – Find where you can hit 2 birds with 1 stone.
9. Organize All Your Space – Keeping your living and work space organized saves you time and money when you know where to find what you are looking for without having to search.
10. Productively Use Waiting Time – Think of tasks you can complete while waiting at a doctors office, in the post office line, or waiting for the oil change. Waiting time does not have to be wasted time.
For the complete post click here.