Spending wisely on everyday living is the key to save more in this economy. It doesn’t hurt to be a little environmentally friendly while saving money too. Below are some easy ways to stretch your dollars, save time and conserve nature’s resources.
- Cut Down on Paper Towel Purchases. Keep washcloths on hand in the kitchen to mop up spills, wipe faces, etc. It not only saves you money, its very green too.
- Dine at Home. Be creative with recipes and table settings, and you won’t feel like you’re missing a thing.
- Use Smart Products. Arm & Hammer Essentials Detergent cleans with plant-based soaps and baking soda and costs up to 50% less per load than the leading detergent.
- Bulk Up. Larger sizes mean lower unit costs. Divide into smaller portions, freezing perishable items as necessary.
- Thirsty? Make water your drink of choice. A very green option is to carry a stainless steel water bottle for refills.
- Before Grocery Shopping. Search online for printable coupons. Spend time with the store’s website or circular, and plan meals around sale items.
- Transfer Shampoo and Conditioner into Pump Bottles. Use just one squirt per application, its all you really need anyway.
- Choose Products that Multi-Task. Try Arm & Hammer Total 2-in-1 Moist Dryer Cloths to get the best of a fabric softener and a dryer sheet in one money saving moist cloth.
- Spend Less on Skin Care. Look for tinted moisturizers and body lotion with built-in sunscreen.
- Whiten Teeth for Less. Buying toothpaste with whitener in it or add whitening booster to your toothpaste, works just as good as whitening strips but much cheaper.
Adapted from Family Circle Magazine.