Who doesn’t need more time? Most people complain because they don’t have enough time to get the every day tasks completed, why do you think we have so many fast food restaurants, super quick pre-made food, and all these time-saver-ways to do things? I don’t know how it got to be this way but to counteract the problem, here are 5 tips to help you get more free time.
1. Take a Breather - Take a step back to take a good look at you life with some perspective. Block off a half a day or a whole day if you can. With this time, take a look at your life and ask yourself, is it what you’ve always wanted? What things actually fill up your day? What things could you drop or minimize to make more time?
2. Declutter your Schedule - Weed out your jam packed schedule. Find the stuff that’s not so essential and cancel them. Postpone other stuff. Leave big blank spaces in your schedule.
3. Learn to Say No - You cannot say yes to everything, you will never have free time. Get protective about your time, and say “no” to everything but the essential requests. Click here to learn the gentle art of saying no.
4. Wake up earlier - Using this time to do things like, exercise, walking, reading. Early in the day works well simply because there’s not much going on to distract or interrupt at this time of day and it doesn’t interfere with family time.
5. Consolidate errands - Try to do all errands on one day, and plan out an efficient route. Most people will save at least an hour a week in total.