It doesn’t matter what time of year it is or what holidays or vacations are coming up, in almost every household in this country and beyond there is someone on a diet or someone who is trying to stay at their current weight.
Here are 7 simple ways to lose weight:
1. Eat at least 8 grams of fiber at breakfast. Four tasty high fiber breakfasts – Egg and cheese tortilla, whole wheat french toast, oatmeal with wheat germ and bananas or fiber rich banana pancakes.
2. Have a 150-calorie morning and afternoon snack. You can skip the am snack if your not hungry but an afternoon snack is nonnegotiable. If you go too long without eating your body will get low on blood sugar making you feel more hungry and cause you to eat more at dinner time than you would if you just had a small afternoon snack.
3. Plan at least 3 go-to breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. Meals that are healthy that you can grab when you need something quick so that you don’t grab something that is bad for you.
4. Think twice about toppings and add-on’s. The simpler the better when dieting. You would be amazed by the amount of calories something as little as nuts or cheese add to your meal.
5. Make veggies the base of your lunch or dinner. Think of your meals as a pyramid: veggies should be the base, lean protein next, then a small amount of healthy carbs to top it off.
6. Have an after-dinner treat every day. We’re human; we need goodies, if you take them completely away then your diet plan will backfire. You should limit your after-dinner treat to 120 calories.
7. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night. Many studies have shown that people who don’t get enough sleep tend to weigh more than those who do.
For more information on these 7 Simple Ways to Lose Weight check out Glamour Magazines May 2009 issue.