Summer may not officially be here by date but the warmer weather has already brought the sunburns, insect bites and everything else that comes along with the summer. Below are natural remedies to help relieve the pain associated with summer fun.
- Aloe Vera gel, it soothes and promotes healing.
- Peppermint Oil, Calendula Oil, or St. Johns Wort extract helps reduce body heat and promote a healthy inflammatory response.
- Witch Hazel contains tannins for promoting healing and a healthy inflammation response.
- Cucumber Juice or Rosewater is soothing.
- Vitamin E oil, Avocado oil or diluted Lavender essential oil promotes healing.
Insect Bites –
- Colloidal oatmeal bath or lavender or peppermint essential oil soothes itching and promotes healing.
- Garlic soothes pain; hold crushed clove on sting 20 minutes then rinse.
- Topical Clay or Basil Leaf soothes itching and stinging pain.
Poison Ivy –
- Colloidal oatmeal bath, calamine lotion or topical clay soothes, helps relieve itching and promotes healing.
- Jewelweed, eucalyptus or witch hazel essential oils promote healing; use undiluted drops or a compress.
Minor cuts/Burns –
- Tea tree oil or witch hazel in products or diluted cleans and soothes.
- Comfrey, lavender or caledula ointment or compress promotes healing and a healthy inflammation response.
Muscle Soreness –
- Anica gel or cream relieves swelling and pain.
- Bromelain helps sooth sprains and bruises.
Motion Sickness –
- Drinking raspberry tea or inhaling the aroma of peppermint essential oil promotes a calm stomach.