A successful party doesn’t depend on the amount of money you spend. You can have a successful fun party if you spend time thinking and letting your creativity flow.
1. Serve ordinary drinks in pretty stemware garnered from thrift shops (they needn’t match) – and garnish them with extraordinary, yet simple, touches. Frugal Luxuries by Tracey Mcbride.
2. Have a potluck, its not only cheap its tasty too. Ask each guest to bring their favorite dish.
3. Some people think there needs to be many desserts to choose but most of the time more than half is left over. Cut down on the desserts and the money spent by making one or two desserts.
4. Stop cooking appetizers if you are having a meal, this is an extra step that is not needed.
5. Skip the bar tab and have each guest bring their favorite bottle of wine. Just specify it on the invite “Bring your favorite bottle of vino to share!”. 5 Frugal Yet Fab Holiday Party Tips – Ezine Articles.
6. Save money and be environmentally friendly by using your own dishes and silverware. F is for Frugal – Blissfully Domestic.
7. Make sure and have music playing in the background, it adds a festive touch to any event.
8. Bring the outdoors in to decorate with – Pine cones, evergreen clippings, and holly all make great holiday decorations and as an added bonus they make the house smell great.
9. Make your own invitations and hand deliver them to save on postage.
10. Borrow from friends any items you may be lacking, such as casserole dishes, serving trays and large punch bowls.