Its almost summer and with plans of vacations coming into place, we start thinking of what books we will want to take with us. Who doesn’t enjoy a good read next to the pool? Or on the beach while basking in the sun? Below is a list of books from the New York Times Best Sellers List.
1. The Shack by William P. Young. A man whose daughter was abducted receives an invitation to an isolated shack, apparently from God.
2. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. A former climber builds schools in villages in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
3. Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man by Steve Harvey with Denene Miller. Relationship tips from the comedian and host of “The Steve Harvey Morning Show.”
4. The Ultimate Depression Survival Guide by Martin D. Weiss. Strategies for protecting your money in the worst of times.
5. First Family by David Baldacci. Former Secret Service agents, now P.I.’s, search for a child abducted from a party at Camp David.
6. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. A scholar tries to save the Vatican from the machinations of an underground society.
7. 7th Heaven by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. Detective Lindsay Boxer and the Women’s Murder Club hunt for an arsonist.
8. Outliers by Malcom Gladwell. Why some people succeed, from the author of “Blink.”
9. The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Aliens have taken control of the minds and bodies of most humans, but one woman won’t surrender.
10. The Associate by John Grisham. An idealistic law-school graduate is forced to take a job at a large, brutalizing law firm.