1. Chocolate and Cocaine – Most people think they come from the same plant but I am here to tell you they do not. They come from two very different species of plant. “Chocolate is made from cocoa, which is the pulverized powder of the seeds of the CACAO tree (Theobroma cacao). Cocaine is derived from the COCA plant (Ethroxylon coca).” As stated at WikiAnswers.com.
2. Chocolate and Brain Power – In a study at the University of Nottingham they found that eating dark chocolate could help to sharpen up the mind and give a short-term boost to cognitive skills. ScienceDaily.com
3. Chocolate An Aphrodesiac? – Eating chocolate releases Phenylethylamine and Seratonin into the system producing euphoric effects, plus it can give a substantial energy boost thus increasing stamina, so it’s probably these effects which gave rise to chocolates reputation as an aphrodisiac.
4. Biggest Chocolate Bar in the World – The biggest chocolate bar in the world weighs more than 4410 pounds. It was the main attraction at the 15th International Milka Chocolate Festival on July 11, 1998 in the Alpine town of Bludenz, Vienna.
5. Coca Butter Melting Point – Did you know the melting point of cocoa butter is just below the human body temperature – Which is why it literally melts in your mouth.
For all the chocolate information you could ever want and more, check out info-galaxy.com‘s Chocolate page. And if you get the hankering for a hot chocolate, run to your nearest Starbucks for one of their Signature Hot Chocolates. The Salted Carmel is my favorite!