Its winter and our skin reacts different to the weather. Skin seems to flake and crack all winter long, even when we use moisturizer. Moisturizer is not the only thing that gonna keep our skin on track. The weather has a lot to do with how our skin reacts.
Here are some dry skin tips:
1. Keep your water lukewarm, not hot. Hot water robs moisture causing dry skin, so its best to shower in lukewarm water. Another skin moisture killer is hot tubs, the hot temperature combined with drying chemicals, is torture on your dry skin.
2. Moisturize after showers or hand washing. Apply product when skin is slightly damp. You may find that oils work better for you than a lotion. Antibacterial soap in public places can also be harsh on your hands, so keep lotion in your purse for applying when away from home.
3. Exfoliate on a weekly basis. Moisturizer is so much more effective on properly exfoliated skin. Its best to scrub skin when its dry, massage into the skin before turning on the shower.
4. Baby your hands and feet. Hands and feet are the worst reactors to the cold weather. Put on moisturizer and gloves before heading outside and consider lathering up your feet in moisturizer and put on some therapy socks over them for sleeping in.
5. Stay Hydrated. Dehydration does affect the skin so keep your skin hydrated with at least eight 8 oz glasses a day.
6. Don’t forget to protect your face and lips too. Remember what your parents always told you about licking your lips? Well its true, licking your lips will only cause them to dry out and crack. A simple lip balm will do the job. For your face remember to use moisturizer everyday.
For more information on Dry Skin Fixes click here.