If you are like me, everywhere you look you see stacks of books. This is not a strange phenomenon but a sick obsession my husband has with books. My sweet hubby has gone back to school and each book he buys, whether he needs it for class or not, he feels he has to keep because some day he may need it again. I say “lets scale it down” but right now that is not an option so I have found ways to deal with these trillions of books that lay around my house taunting me.
1. End Table – Depending on the size of the books, you can stack them to a nice height for setting coffee mugs on at the end of a couch or next to an overstuffed chair.
2. Table Stabilizer – Because books come in so many great sizes and thicknesses, they work wonders on tables or dressers that aren’t completely level. And if the book is needed you can just grab another to replace that one.
3. Decoration – Stack and display some of the more interesting books on a book shelf for decoration.
4. Coffee Table Legs – Stack four sets of smaller books for the legs of a table at equal heights and put a funky old door or large piece of glass over them for a nice coffee table. This can be done in many different ways with three bigger stacks of books instead of four or just two large stacks. Whatever you desire. Shopaholicsdaily.com shows an example. Daily Danny also had a brilliant idea of how to use books as a side table.
5. Step Ladder – If you have some tall cupboards in the kitchen or other area in the home and no step ladder, stack some larger books together and Vuala you have your very own step ladder.
6. Washer and Dryer Lift – If your tired of bending over to get into your front loaders, try this, 1.) Get the amount of books you need for the height you need, 2.) Wrap them up with a brown paper bag or other sturdy material, 3.) Tape them together so they don’t come apart when the washer or dryer is doing its job 4.) set them under the front loaders.
7. Centerpiece – Chances are you already have them on the dining table anyhow so arrange them nicely in the middle and stick a candle or some flowers on them or wrap a pretty ribbon around them. Ideas – New York Social Diary Nina Griscom.
I know there are many more ideas out there on how to use books that are laying about the house so please if you have any that I missed, leave me a comment. I would love to hear some of your ideas and try something new. Cause the great Lord above knows we have more books coming!
One thought on “7 Ways To Use The Books That are Laying About the House”