We can all name about 10 people that we know are on diets this summer, including ourselves. So many people diet in the summer because the weather has gotten warmer and we are all wearing less clothes. Here are some tips to keep you looking great and sticking to your diet.
1. Fill up on Summers bounty! Fresh fruits and veggies are everywhere, snacking on them is your best bet when dieting.
2. Grab a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
3. Do not skip breakfast. Actually eating a larger breakfast will help you eat fewer calories the rest of the day.
4. Fill up on water or other calorie-free drinks. People sometimes confuse thirst for hunger, grabbing food when all they need is an ice cold glass of water.
5. Eat protein at every meal. Protein is more satisfying than carbohydrates or fat, keeping you feeling full.
6. Stock you kitchen full of healthy convenience food. Having ready-to-eat meals and meals-in-minutes in your kitchen will keep you away from the quick fast food run or pizza delivery.
7. Be physically active. Try to do an activity each day to keep you in shape.
8. Brush your teeth right after dinner to help remind you that you are done eating for the night.
Check out caloriecount.com for help when keeping track of calories consumed. They have calorie counts and nutrition facts for restaurants, name brand foods and recipes.