You don’t need to spend big bucks on cleaning supplies to clean your computer screen and keyboard when all you need is already under your sink or in your cleaning closet.
To clean your computer screen –
1. Dilute isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol, as it may contain oil) into a solution of no greater than 50% alcohol and 50% with distilled water.
2. Put the solution in a small atomizer bottle, the type that you push from the top to get a fine mist. Don’t use this, however, to spray on the screen itself.
3.Apply the solution to a cotton cloth, such as an old T-shirt, lint-free microfiber cloth, or other very soft cloth. A large cloth is best, since it will help to reduce the risk of leaving streaks across the screen from finger pressure.
4. Wipe the cloth against the screen in a circular, or other consistent motion. Rapid circular movements generally eliminate streaks. Apply an even pressure to the cloth but take care not to press your fingers into the cloth or screen.
To clean your computer keyboard –
1. Take the cord and wrap it around itself.
2. Place the keyboard face down in a dishwasher. (You can wash it with dishes.)
3. Turn on “Heat dry”.
4. Add detergent.
5. Let the dishwasher run full cycle.
For laptop computer keyboards –
1. Turn off your laptop. Give it a minute or so to totally power down and then unplug it.
2. Wipe down the keyboard. Remove crumbs and debris using your toothbrush (or compressed air or vacuum). Wipe again.