Summer cocktails should bring instant gratification, but too many traditional recipes require an amazing amount of ingredients and an arsenal of bar tools, which most of us don’t own. Here are three easy and quick cocktail recipes that I found in the Real Simple Magazine. Each of the recipes serves 6-8 people.
- Ingredients: Two 12 oz. Corona, 12 oz. Minute Maid frozen Limeade, 1 1/2 C. Tequila Blanco, Kosher Salt and a Lime.
- Recipe: Rub the rims of glasses with limes slices and dip in course or kosher salt to coat. In a large pitcher, combine the Corona beer, Limeade concentrate, and tequila. Serve in glasses over ice. Garnish with lime slices if desired.
- Ingredients: 1 pint Strawberry Sorbet, 1 1/4 C. Light Rum.
- Recipe: In a blender, working in batches, puree the strawberry sorbet, light rum and 6 cups ice until smooth. Transfer to a large pitcher and stir to combine. (Add water if necessary to adjust the consistency.)
- Ingredients: 1 bottle medium-bodied Red Wine, 3 C. Apple Juice and two thinly sliced Peaches.
- Recipe: In a large pitcher, combine the red wine, apple juice and peaches. Serve over ice.