Are you one of those people that walk in from lunch daily with a stain on your shirt or pants? Do your colleagues count on seeing you wearing some of your food on your clothes? Do friends point out stains to you that you didn’t know were there?
Here are 7 ways to protect your clothes from stains:
1. Avoid eating red sauce, such as spaghetti, when wearing white or cream colored shirts.
2. Think about prevention – always use a napkin when eating and use an apron when you are cooking.
3. Try to always sit at a table when eating. If you have no table make sure and lean over your food when you are eating and make sure there is a napkin beneath your plate to catch anything you miss.
4. Make sure your clothes are durable and machine washable for when you do get a stain on them.
5. Eat slowly. Don’t be in a race when you are eating. Slow down and take small bites.
6. Avoid activities that can distract while eating. Keep your attention on your meal and the food will go in your mouth not on your clothes.
7. When eating soup fill your spoon by moving it away from you, that way if you have an accident, the food will spill on the table and not on your lap.