1. Plan. Don’t make your new years resolution on New Years. Plan ahead and
2. Write down your plan and resolution. Commit your resolution and plan to writing it someplace, such as a notebook or journal.
3. Be realistic. The surest way to fall short of your goal is to make your goal unattainable. Strive for a goal that is unattainable.
4. Talk about it. Don’t keep your resolution a secret. Tell friends and family members who will be there to support your resolve to change yourself for the better or improve your health. The best case scenario is to find yourself a buddy who shares your New Year’s resolution and motivate each other.
5. Remain flexible. Life has a funny way of throwing unexpected things at us, and flexibility is required to complete anything even the simplest goal.
6. Track your progress. Keep track of each small success you make toward reaching your larger goal. Short-term goals are easier to keep, and small accomplishments will help keep you motivated.
7. Reward yourself. Celebrate your success by treating yourself to something that you enjoy that does not contradict your resolution.