Can you believe it, Halloween is come and gone and we are staring straight into the eyes of what we like to call ‘The Holidays”! Yikes! Yes in the past I was always ready for this time of year with not much to do but this year I have a lot left undone, and not much money to do it in. If you are in that same boat check out the tips below and start saving money today.
1. Save money on stamps by sending Christmas postcards. And only send them to the people you would like to get in touch with the most.
2. Using the Christmas cards you received last year you can make your own postcards – saving on the price of the postcards.
3. Make your own bows from newspaper and magazines – Click here for easy gift bow instructions.
4. Wrap your gifts in what you already have – left over material(you can even cut up old clothes you don’t wear), magazine ads, newspaper funnies, and old wrapping paper.
5. Make your own gift tags – cut up old Christmas card, you can even use a deck of cards like they did here.
6. Decorate with what you already have. Hang up your Children’s art work, fill a glass bowl with old bulbs or pine cones, string popcorn and cranberries to hang on the tree and along the fire mantel, use pine tree clipping for decoration and as a bonus it will make the house smell beautiful.
7. When looking for gifts, check out your local Goodwill, a lot of times you will find brand new merchandise from Target or other well known stores that donate their over merchandise. The cost of these brand new items are usually only a couple dollars.
8. Make your own gifts. There are so many easy fun project for the whole family to make and homemade is always best.
9. Save on shipping and deliver gifts in person when you can.
10. Always pay with cash, you will buy only the necessities because watching cash leave your hands is much harder then using the credit card.